Could it be better?
You notice that your employees once had more fire in them. That customer satisfaction: coudn't it go from a 7.5 to a 9? And the targets and KPIs: Surely we as a team can do better?
The standard response of many managers who find it difficult to get their team on board: micromanaging, motivating even more, working overtime, an away-day without implementation, or governing with an iron fist.
You know things can be done differently. It should be done differently. But how? My answer to this question: become competent in personal leadership and team leader skills. This is how it works:
Grow in leadership and skills
Successfully leading your team(s) first and foremost requires personal leadership. If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything. So: Who are you as a person and leader? What are your beliefs? What skills do you need for that, and what behaviour fits with that? And is your behaviour in line with your norms and values? If not: What do you do with that insight?
Then: how do you get that team from alright to excellent? This requires team leadership skills: agreeing rules together, giving and receiving feedforward, creating a safe space, giving trust, situational leadership, and more. That too you learn during a coaching programme at Coaching Rotterdam.
- You experience joy in your work and have self-confidence. This is what you radiate.
- The enthusiasm and performance of your team goes up. And with it the results for your company.
- You have a managable agenda and a relaxed working week.
- You get back control of what is important: your own tasks and responsibilities.
I don't have a fixed approach. Your ambition and personality are central. Below you will find examples of tools that are in my toolbox, and which I will use depending on your needs.
This is how others grew...
"Wat een ontdekking dat ik wel gevoelig ben"
Het was een bijzondere ontdekkingstocht. Op het moment dat ik me aanmeldde voor de coaching had ik nog niet gekozen om mijn baan op te zeggen. Tijdens het eerste gesprek al wel en zo was je erbij op mijn reis van loslaten en het vinden van een stukje van mezelf, hoe ik werk… wat een ontdekking dat ik wel gevoelig ben maar zo weinig heb geleerd te voelen. Bedankt dan ook voor de mooie oefening van checken op het grote geheel.
Je humor, je zwijgen, je vraagteken, je timing en liefdevolle aanwezigheid hebben dit traject voor mij heel waardevol gemaakt.
Dank je wel en veel succes verder met je praktijk!
M. uit Rotterdam
"Marco luistert goed en leeft zich goed in"
Marco diende voor mij als spiegel. Hij luistert goed en leeft zich in in mijn situatie. Marco liet mij zien dat mijn neiging om naar 'het hoofd' te gaan, zorgt voor een onevenwichtige houding. Die veroorzaakte veel stress.
Frans van der Meer
Frequently asked questions about team leader coaching
What is good leadership?
Good leadership is creating the optimal environment for your team, so that they can do their job well. This requires trust, situational leadership, leaving roles and tasks where they belong, agreeing on rules for dealing with each other, creating a safe atmosphere, coaching and guidance. Many leaders know what they have to do. But actually converting this into behaviour tends to be more difficult. Coaching Rotterdam helps you to do that successfully.
Why coaching for leaders?
Talent takes you a long way, that goes for every profession. But if you want to grow from good to better, you can't escape leadership coaching. Every top athlete has a coach. Engaging a coach is a sign that you take yourself, your profession, and your role in the organisation seriously.
Why team leader coaching at Coaching Rotterdam?
- The whole process is tailor-made. This is in contrast to a book or group training, which is never entirely focused on your questions.
- You have a safe environment with me to practice, reflect and laugh when things don't work out the way you had in mind. I coach you with warmth, humor and spirit.
- Holding on to the status quo is impossible with me. Accountability is part of my trajectories. You can't escape this. You will grow, whether you want to or not.
- As Master Coach I am a member of both the Dutch Association of Professional Coaches (NOBCO) and the International Coach Federation. Twice I have obtained the highest coaching certification you can obtain in the Netherlands. A special combination. This gives you a very effective coaching program.
- I've been coaching team leaders for almost 15 years. You benefit from that experience.
- You do all the work yourself. I don't fill in anything for you, but ask, mirror and prod. You answer the questions yourself. So it will be all your story.
I'm intrigued. But I live far away. How do we fix that?
With an office directly opposite Rotterdam CS station, I'm easily accessible for coachees in the surrounding area. People from, for example, Dronten, Beverwijk and Tilburg already found it worthwhile to come to Rotterdam. Clients who live further away often also make use of additional e-coaching. Also, due to my extensive experience, there are not that many sessions needed at all. Most coachees achieve their goals in 4 to 5 sessions.
Share this page: